Cintas Laundry Sorter in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Job Summary : The Laundry Sorter is responsible for sorting soiled garments or other Linen items received by color and type and placing them in bins to be weighed.
Job Functions :
Essential Functions :
· Empties the contents of the carts, bags or bundles of soiled laundry, towels, mops or other items into bins or on to conveyor.
· Sorts contents by color and type.
· Loads sorted items into appropriate container or hoists onto hooks by color and type or drops into chutes that feed into bins.
· May hand count items.
· Moves bags or bins to soil scale area to be weighed.
· Cleans and sanitizes bins.
Non-Essential Functions :
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications :
Basic Qualifications (only those qualifications that are non-comparative, objective and relevant to the performance of the particular position) :
Job Related Competencies :
· Ability to perform duties with high degree of accuracy
· Ability to meet or exceed production quotas after sufficient time and training
· Ability to express oneself clearly in interactions with others
· Adheres to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices
· Ability to follow work instructions and work independently
· Ability to make independent decisions without supervision
· Ability to operate machinery e.g. scale, scanner
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc. :
· Not Applicable
Physical Work Demands (Intensity, Duration & Frequency) :
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
o Use a keyboard, 10 key, touch screen or mouse to enter text or data into a computer
o Climb stairs or ramps
o Hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., machinery alarms)
o Use clarity of vision at approximately 20 feet or more
o Use clarity of vision at approximately 20 inches or less
o Pick, pinch, and work with fingers to button, snap or fold
o Lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds
o Seize, hold, grasp, turn, or otherwise work with hands
o Stand for an extended period of time, up to 7 hours of an 8 hour shift
o Reach at/below shoulder level
o Reach overhead
o Stoop – bend the body downward and forward by the spine at the waist
o Perform repetitive motions
o Visually distinguish colors, sizes, and shapes, one from another
Working Conditions & Hazards :
· The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protected from outside weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
· The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to product conveyors, moving equipment, moving vehicles, moving carts, and moving slings on overhead rails.
· The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. Includes one or more of the following conditions that may affect the respiratory system or the skin: low levels of odors and dust.
· The worker is required to function in close proximity to equipment, material storage carts, and material storage racks.
G&K is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified job applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job: Hrly Production/General Labor
Title: Laundry Sorter
Requisition ID: 310300
For technical assistanceCall: 1-855-GK-HR4ME (1-855-454-7463)U.S. Applicants:Request for Reasonable AccommodationG&K Services is committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. G&K will provide a reasonable accommodation, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. If you have a disability that prevents you from creating a profile and applying through the standard process you may request an accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 1-855-GK-HR4ME. Otherwise, please apply by using the standard process and create a profile.Equal Opportunity EmployerWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.G&K Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" posterhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfG&K Provides benefits under the Family Medical Leave Act.